The KSC RehabWorks program is a free, onsite musculoskeletal rehabilitation program
for all badged KSC employees. Our staff certified athletic trainers (ATCs) are pleased
to provide quality healthcare for work, non-work and post-surgical referrals. The
following are some key points that will help you with your appointment scheduling
and rehabilitation process:
- Work-related injuries reported to the Occupational Health Facility (OHF)
receive our highest priority for appointment scheduling.
- Each patient has the responsibility to call RehabWorks to make an appointment for
rehab. You can call 867-7497 between 9:00 am-5:00 pm.
- Our office is staffed by Certified/Licensed Athletic Trainers, therefore we cannot
accept a referral/prescription that has "Physical Therapy" or "PT" written on it.
Please request your doctor to write "Eval and Treat - Rehabilitation" on the referral/prescription.
- If you know that you are going to have surgery, please call us at least 2 weeks
prior to your surgery in order to be scheduled for post-surgical rehabilitation.
- If you cannot be scheduled immediately after surgery, it is highly encouraged that
you seek outside therapy, as delays can cause potential problems with your rehabilitation
and slow the recovery process.
- Due to the high demand for our services, once you are a patient, it is important
that all appointments be kept. After 3 no-shows, cancellations or reschedules, the
continuation of your rehab will be reviewed for discharge due to non-compliance,
allowing a new patient entry into our program.
- Additional paperwork, such as MRI reports, post-surgical notes, outside therapy
notes, may be requested from you depending on your injury. When requested, this
paperwork is required on or before your first appointment.
We hope that these instructions will ease your entry into, and utilization of, the
KSC RehabWorks program. If we can answer any questions for you, please call our
office at 867-7497. Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to returning
you to a stronger, pain-free work, home or sporting lifestyle.